Belle Collaboration Meeting

For international registrants:

If you are living outside of the U.S. or residing in the U.S. on U.S. Visa Status and you are planning to attend the Belle General Meeting and/or the Belle II General Meeting at Virginia Tech, please:

  1. Send an email to Leo Piilonen ( with the following information:
    1. Full name as it appears on your passport
    2. Status/Position/Title at your home institution
    3. Name and full address of your home institution
    4. Country of birth
    5. Country of citizenship [which issued your passport]
    6. If dual citizen, your other citizenship
    7. Dates of visit (this might be "June 30 to July 8" for the entire BGM and B2GM, including the day before and the day after for travel)
    8. Immigration status at VT (this would be either "Visa Waiver Program" or "B-1 visa visitor" for someone coming to the U.S. to participate in a scientific conference for up to 30 days with no income accrued during the visit, or your U.S. Visa Status if you are a foreign national and already in the United States).
      PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU NEED AN INVITATION LETTER to obtain your B-1 visa. After the review has been completed, this invitation letter will be issued to you by Virginia Tech's Vice President for International Affairs.
  2. Attach your CV (curriculum vitae) to the email

You do NOT have to provide other information that appears on your passport; however, please verify that your passport is valid for at least 6 months past the B(2)GM.

There is no harm in applying early if you think you will attend; this application does not commit you to attending. All approved visitors will be notified by Virginia Tech's Office of International Affairs (whether you need an invitation letter or not).

The Office of International Affairs has set a deadline of Friday, June 14, 2013 for you to apply for an invitation to attend the July B(2)GM.

NOTES about visas:

  • The above-requested information does not constitute an application for a visa to enter the United States. It is your responsibility to determine whether you need a visa or not.
  • US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has announced it will discontinue the issuance of I-94 cards to foreign nationals who enter the US, starting 4/30/13. In essence, CBP will replace the paper I-94 card with a stamp in your passport. This stamp will contain the same information as the current paper I-94 card. However, to accommodate the various in-U.S.A. processes that require a paper I-94 card, USCIS will make available an electronic copy of your I-94 record, via Records are only accessible for two years AND you can only access your last entry record. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you print out a copy of your I-94 record as soon as possible upon entry into the US.

Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University 
Physics Department, Robeson Hall (0435), Blacksburg, VA 24061 
Phone: (540) 231-6544; Fax: (540) 231-7511